The course runs in June and July.
Students for this course are selected on the basis of the application files which they have completed. These files require information about students’ personal backgrounds, educational and professional experience and skills. A resume, a motivation letter, the confirmation of their proficiency in French and a film they have made or participated in are also required.
These files are sent over to La Fémis by the embassies which, after approving the grant application, send out the information on the programme to the candidates and invite them to sit for a French language exam. The files are examined by a committee comprising the programme’s directing tutors and a representative from the Ministry of Europe Foreign Affairs.
Important: fluency in French is essential.
- Technical refresher, practical filming exercises
- Workshops : filming using a mobile phone (Benoît Labourdette), sound workshop (Daniel Deshays)
- Film screenings and masterclasses with experienced documentary directors. 2018 directors included: Jean-Baptiste Thoret, Raed Andoni, Olivier Babinet and Claire Simon.
- Encounters with movie producers specialized in co-productions
- Each participant is required to make a 10-minute documentary film. Participants get to work in the different areas of filmmaking: writing, location scouting, shooting, editing, mixing. In turn, students carry out the different roles working within a small filming unit supervised by an experienced tutor/director.
Please specify your age and nationality if you require more information.