PSL (Paris Sciences et Lettres) is a strategic alliance between 20 higher education and research institutions.
- Collège de France,
- Chimie ParisTech,
- École Normale Supérieure,
- ESPCI ParisTech,
- Institut Curie,
- Observatoire de Paris,
- Université Paris-Dauphine.
- MINES ParisTech,
- École Nationale Supérieure des Arts Décoratifs (ENSAD),
- École Nationale Supérieure des Beaux-Arts (ENSBA),
- Conservatoire National Supérieur d’Art Dramatique (CNSAD),
- Conservatoire National Supérieur de Musique et de Danse de Paris (CNSMDP),
- La Fémis (École nationale supérieure des métiers de l’image et du son),
- Institut Louis-Bachelier,
- Fondation Pierre-Gilles de Gennes(for reaearch),
- IBPC - Fondation Rothschild,
- Lycée Henri-IV.
PSL is a case apart as it brings together several of the ’grandes écoles’ under the responsibility of the French Ministry of Culture - ENSBA, ENSAD, CNSAD, CNSMDP - with which La Fémis has already fostered partnerships that will now be made even stronger.
For La Fémis, its association with PSL first and foremost entails participating in the Science, Art, Creation and Research (SACRe) programme that offers a PhD in ’art and design’ which differs from a classic film studies doctorate.
In the future, this participation will help the School forge closer links with art schools in Paris that are also PSL members. Alongside existing partnerships with the CNSAD for first and third year workshops; with ENSAD for the ’film poster’ workshop and the CNSMDP for the third-year workshop on film scores, the School will be in a position to develop new projects, particularly in the field of research. La Fémis also hopes to initiate other collaborations with other PSL members in the areas of teaching and research.